Please find me on facebook

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thenkuzhal/Murukku

Very happy to make this thenkuzhal. I used to make this with my grandmother in my school and college days. The press shown in the picture is my grandmother's made of brass. Its very handy and easy to press murukku, oma podi, nada pakoda,mullu thenkuzhal. Thanks Paati for giving it to me. Love it !

Ingredients:

  • Rice and urad dal flour( Rice 6 cups: urad dal 1 cup ground together) - 1 cup
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • Asafoedita - 1/4 tsp
  • Oil
  • Salt
  • Water
  • Murukku press with thenkuzhal

Method:

  • Take flour in one bowl, add cumin seeds, asafoedita and salt.
  • Heat 1 table spoon oil in the pan.Add it to the flour.
  • Knead it by using water into soft dough.
  • Take the thenkuzhal mould and take a ball of flour and fill it inside.
  • Meanwhile heat oil, when the oil is ready, pressthe mould into the boiling hot oil.

Crispy Thenkuzhal is ready....

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...