Please find me on facebook

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Chola Bhatura

Wishing all my readers a very happy christmas... My Christmas celebration was good too.. My hubby bought a log cake fir us and surprise gifts for me and our kid. We had a wonderful christmas lunch @ home. Ofcourse prepared by me.



Today's recipe is Chola Bhature, one of my friends was asking for it for a long time. As such, the poori came out supersoft, but it did not puff up like in restaurants.

try this recipe:



Ingredients:

  • Maida/ All purpose flour - 2 cups
  • Sooji / Rsvs - 2 tsp
  • Buttermilk - to knead
  • Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Sugar - 1 tsp



Method:

  • Knead all the abive ingredients into a soft dough using buttermilk.
  • Keep it closed with a wet cloth for 2 hrs. Meanwhile you can prepare chole masala for the Bhatura.. 
  • The recipe for Chole is here . I made the same recipe for chole masala.
  • For Bhatura, Heat oil in a wide pan, take orange size ball from the dough and make a little thicker chapathi and deep fry on bothe sides. For puffing up, press the poori with the ladle in the centre.




Serve it hot with chopped onions and lemon wedges.




Linking to Nithu's event and Gayathri's Announcement page.

linking it to Foodomania’s Christmas Cook-Off Contest



Linking to First anniversary



 Ramya's Innovative recipes 2013




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jillu, chola batura looks yummy...My fav.
    Happy to follow u, wud be glad if u can follow back.
    Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...