Please find me on facebook

Monday, January 19, 2015

Guest Post #2 by Mrs.Sowmeya Swaminathan - Cauliflower Broccoli Fritters

Good morning and Happy monday friends! Here is the second entry for the guest post by Mrs.Sowmeya Swaminathan. She is making a new snack dish using cauliflower and broccoli.. I am very keen in trying this new dish.





About the guest :


Sowemya is a working mom from the middle east with a 7yr old son and a hubby who travels a lot. She loves reading , cooking and gardening. My balcony garden is my pride and joy apart from my kiddo, of course. She says, "This cauliflower and broccoli fritter is a very easy weeknight dinner or a lunch box snack. It is simple, easy to make and leaves a lot of space for improvisation which I love. And, it makes sure my family covers the basic food groups at one shot." 

She is one of my friends from a food group from facebook. i have admired her snack boxes or lunch box she packs for her kid.. Love it Sowmeya.. Thanks for your contribution in my guest post...



Coming to the rexipe :

She has a step by step photos for this dish.


Ingredients:

  • Cauliflower florets, roughly chopped - 2 cups
  • Broccoli florets, roughly chopped - 1 cup
  • Red chilli garlic paste (I used this as I had it in my fridge, but you can substitute with grated garlic, red chilli powder or chopped jalapenos) - 2 -4 tsp
  • Egg -1
  • All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
  • Corn flour - 1/4 tbsp 
  • Any cheese (I used mozzerella, but feta or parmesan ) - 1 to 2 tsp
  • Salt as required
  • Oil - required for shallow frying

Method:


  • Boil water in a large pan. Add the broccoli florets and cook till tender.
  • Remove from heat and Strain the broccoli. Rinse with cold water to stop from over cooking the broccoli.
  • Repeat for Cauliflower. Pat the veggies dry and mash a little bit. 
  • Broccoli heads must be visible, but it should be mixable. Add the other ingredients one by one and give it a good stir.


  • Heat a Heavy bottomed pan with oil. Take a tablespoon of batter and let it drop in the pan. It will look weird, but will stay together. 
  • Cook on both sides till golden brown and serve hot. It can be served individually as well. 

This is a great way to make picky eaters try broccoli.  



Note by her:

  • It can be made into a sandwich or use a tortilla base to roll it in a roll. 
  • If I am making a roll, I use some coriander chutney as the spread. 
  • The same method can be used for various veggies such as cabbage with spinach and potato, corn with potato etc. This can be made eggless by adding a softer cheese like feta or cream cheese. The spice quotient can be upto you too. incase using cabbage, I add grated ginger and spring onions for a chinese flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...